THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
* Got questions: Call the Putnam County Emergency Operations Center hotline at 329-1904.
* A legal aid hotline is now available for Hurricane Irma survivors in Florida who can’t afford an attorney at 866-550-2929. The hotline is partnership between the Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division, the American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division and the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
* Putnam County received Major Disaster Declaration, making residents and business owners eligible for Federal Emergency Management Agency funds. To complete a FEMA application, visit www.disasterassistance.gov or call 800-621-3362.
* Putnam County Board of Commissioners and city of Palatka offices are closed the rest of the week. Putnam County Courthouse is closed today, as well.
* For information about outages, call Florida Power & Light at 800-4OUTAGE or Clay Electric at 888-434-9844. FPL says it plans to have power restored in Putnam County by the end of the weekend.
* Putnam County School District schools will be closed today. A decision for Monday classes will be announced this weekend.
* Garbage pickup: Putnam County is one day behind its normal schedule. Debris can be placed on county rights of way for pickup. Separate vegetation and construction debris. City of Palatka garbage pickup will be one day per week, Thursday or Friday, for the next four weeks. Putnam County and Palatka sanitation workers cannot remove garbage or debris from private property. Private tree removal and construction contracts are required to remove tree and construction debris and dispose of it as part of their contracted service with property owners. If contractors leave debris on the curb, the city of Palatka will bill the customer for the cost of collection and disposal. No fees at the landfill are being waived at this time, according to Putnam County officials. All Putnam County recycling services are suspended until further notice.
* Storm shelters remaining open include Kelley Smith Elementary School (special needs shelter), 141 Kelly Smith School Road in Palatka, and the old PRC building (pet friendly), 7220 PRC Way in Palatka. Shelters have closed at Middleton-Burney Elementary School, Ochwilla Elementary School, Browning-Peace Elementary School, Interlachen Elementary School and Q.I. Roberts Junior-Senior High School.
* Do you have structural damage? If so, call the Putnam County Emergency Operations Center hotline at 329-1904.
* When approaching a traffic light that is not working, all vehicles must come to a complete stop and treat the intersection as a four-way stoplight.